Point to point has released a video on how drivers should implement sanitary measures for their vehicles.
The following information below is what they have recommended in summary.
How to clean your point to point vehicle
The point to point commission have created a video guide on how point to point drivers should clean their vehicles and carry out good hygiene practices to protect themselves and their passengers from the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Here’s a short video guide on how to clean your point to point vehicle.
To watch the video above, please click here
Sanitisation will include a thorough wipe down of all the hard services inside the vehicle including the:
- Dashboard. Door handles – inside and out.
- Window controls.
- Seatbelts and seatbelt buckles.
- Cabcharge equipment (FAREWAYplus metering device, EFTPOS PINpad and Printer).
- Steering wheel and console.
Guidelines on how to practice safe hygiene before, during, and after a passenger trip
- Wash hands often with soap and water.
- Drivers should employ standard cleaning practices at the end of each shift, as part of good hygiene practice by wiping down surfaces with disinfectant.
- In the event of a passenger spreading droplets (such as sneezing, coughing or vomiting), clean surfaces with appropriate disinfectant wipes so that the potential spread of infection can be minimised.
- The use of alcohol-based hand sanitiser is advised where possible between hand washes and after opening and closing doors, moving luggage, exchanging payment and after personal contact.
- Customers are encouraged to use contactless payments where possible, to further reduce chances of community spread.
Please find the Department of Health guidelines through their Fact sheet which can be viewed by clicking: Here
Up to Date Information on COVID-19
Call the Corona virus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080 if you are seeking information on COVID-19. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Source: Point to Point NSW
The Merchants Team.